Full course description
14 February to 27 March 2024
Online self-paced learning & learn with others via Zoom
Use promo code FCBHL25OFF at check out | valid until 3 January 2024
What are the course learning outcomes?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the different leadership mindsets and styles required for leading effectively.
- Discuss the different healthcare leadership roles for the 21st century, and where leadership is mostly required in your health setting and your organisation.
- Identify your leadership styles and discuss how your leadership styles affect others and the work culture.
- Choose the right leadership styles for the situation and context so you can lead and engage others more effectively.
- Provide constructive feedback and facilitate courageous conversations for better connection and collaboration across boundaries.
- Identify the leadership characteristics and your skills for transitioning from a clinician to a healthcare leader.
- Map and reflect on your existing leadership strengths and areas for development so that you can bring out the best in others: now and in the future.
What core topics are offered?
For lifelong learning, the following topics are offered in the course for developing and increasing your knowledge, understanding and skills in the fundamentals of clinicians becoming healthcare leaders in the 21st century.
- Leadership frameworks and fundamentals for leading self and others
- Management vs leadership vs clinical/technical skills
- The future of health and its impact on leadership
- Leadership mindsets and styles for the 21st century
- Emotional intelligence, conflict resolution, teamwork, and courageous conversations
- Leading a diverse and inclusive team
- My leadership styles (through evidence-based leadership self-assessment) and the current and future skills for transitioning from a clinician to a health care leader and to lead effectively
Who is this course suited to?
Junior medical officers (JMOs), trainees, interns, residents, registrars, nurses, consultants, staff specialists, visiting medical officers, allied health professionals, GPs, dentists, optometrists, veterinarians, scientists, pharmacists, physician assistants and health professionals from public and private health settings who are making the transition from an individual contributor to a leader and influencer of people, or who have been leading others within the last 12 months in a clinical context or health care setting.
Online Synchronous Sessions (via Zoom)
- Welcome session: 14 February 2024 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm AEDT
- Week 1: 21 February 2024 | 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm AEDT
- Week 2: 28 February 2024 | 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm AEDT
- Week 3: 6 March 2024 | 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm AEDT
- Week 4: 19 March 2024 | 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm AEDT