Full course description
28 February 2022
(2 week block)
Early Bird 25% Off
Use promo code
What are the course learning outcomes?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of managing and leading a project for consumer value.
- Develop an agile project plan in the context of the future of work in healthcare.
- List the core roles and responsibilities for your project team members.
- Create a project governance structure for managing and reporting a project.
- Develop the criteria for closing a project within timeframe and budget.
What core topics are offered?
The following topics are offered in the course for developing and increasing your knowledge, understanding and skills in project management within healthcare.
- Critical Thinking
- Scheduling and Planning
- Time Management
- Budget Management
- Governance and Reporting
- Implementation and Risk Management
- Teamwork and Communication
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Project and Change Leadership
Who is this course suited to?
Medical and health care professionals, managers and leaders who aim to develop and accelerate their knowledge and skills in managing and leading projects within in a changing environment in healthcare.
- Welcome session: 14 February 2022 | 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Week 1: 28 - 29 February & 3 - 4 March 2022 | 9:00 am - 11:00 am; 2 March 2022 | 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Week 2: 7 - 11 March 2022 | 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
What are the course credentials?
This course is worth 3 UNSW Medicine & Health Executive Certificate in Health (FMECH) points, which provides formal recognition of professional development and reflects 30 hours of study inclusive of pre-work and course attendance. Upon course completion, you will be issued with a UNSW Medicine & Health verifiable credential.
The 30 hours of study and verifiable credential can be counted towards your continuing professional development (CPD). Please check with your college as the credential provides documentary evidence which may substantiate activities claimed under your college program.
Can I use my credit towards further study?
There is an optional assessment associated with this course. All participants will be issued with 3 FMECH points upon completion of the course, but it is essential to complete the assessment if you wish to apply to use the points towards credit for a UNSW postgraduate program in the future.
Price is inclusive of 30 hours of learning, digital badging, online learning resources and optional assessment.
Additional discount available for AMA NSW members! To collect your additional discount, please insert "AMA NSW Discount" in the email subject and ask the Short Course Team.
Thank you for considering UNSW Medicine & Health Short Courses. Reach us for further information about this short course. Or drop us a line if you would like to receive future short courses for early bird discounts.
We continuously improve our short courses to reflect the needs of our learners and their employers. If you are interested in connecting with us to explore bespoke programs for your organisation or team, please contact us.