Project Management within Healthcare (July 2023) is a Course
Project Management within Healthcare (July 2023)
Jul 3, 2023 - Aug 14, 2023
Spots remaining: 1
Full course description
3 July to 14 August 2023
Online self-paced & learn with others
Use promo code
SC15OFF at check out
This course is one of a series of the Future of Work in Healthcare short courses designed for medical and healthcare practitioners, research and IT professionals, managers and leaders who aim to deliver value to their projects within healthcare.
The course offers practical tools, techniques and methods for managing clinical and non-clinical projects. It will equip you with the skills and knowledge in agile and traditional (waterfall) project management within healthcare.
Through the progression of this course, you will reflect on the implications of the future of health as you manage and lead projects in the 21st century. At the end of the course, you will be prepared to think outside the box about project management and how it can be adopted as one of the management tools to engage, influence, solve problems and lead others toward new ways of working and change.
1:1 coaching is included in this short course. Places are limited!
What are the course learning outcomes?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of managing and leading a project for consumer value.
- Scope and plan a project within the context of the future of health and the future work in healthcare.
- Lead an effective project team for high performance
- Engage with stakeholders, create a project governance structure, and manage risks for managing and reporting a project.
- Develop a criteria for closing a project within timeframe and budget, and in line with expectations
What core topics are offered?
For lifelong learning, the following topics are offered in the course for developing and increasing your knowledge, understanding and skills in traditional and agile project management within healthcare.
- Critical & System Thinking
- Project Scoping & Planning
- Project Delivery & Closure
- Resource Estimation & Budget Management
- Governance and Variance Reporting
- Implementation and Risk Management
- Teamwork and Communication
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Change Leadership & Negotiation
Who is this course suited to?
Medical and health care professionals, research and IT professionals, managers and leaders who aim to develop and accelerate their knowledge and skills in managing and leading projects within a changing environment in healthcare.
Online Synchronous Sessions (via Zoom)
- Welcome session: 3 July 2023 | 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm AEST
- Week 1: 11 & 13 July 2023 | 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm AEST
- Week 2: 18 & 20 July 2023 | 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm AEST
- Week 3: 25 & 27 July 2023 | 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm AEST
- Week 4: 31 July 2023 | 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm AEST
- Compulsory assessment for credentialing: 14 August 2023