Full course description
7 February to 17 March 2023
(4 week block)
Online self-paced & learn with others
(asynchronous & synchronous)
Use promo code
What are the course learning outcomes?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the types of change impacting healthcare systems and services.
- Assess the impact of change to influence design choices about the change process supporting a change within your health setting.
- Discuss activities for preparing people for transitioning towards the future state.
- Employ stakeholder engagement tools to navigate emotions and respond to change resistance with resilience and confidence.
- Apply tools to evaluate, reinforce and sustain change for realising benefits.
- Devise a change management strategy for managing and leading change.
What core topics are offered?
The following topics are offered in the course for developing and increasing your knowledge, understanding and skills in transformational change management.
- Strategic and System Thinking
- Change Impact Assessment
- Change Readiness and Resistance Management
- Change Governance and Reporting
- Change Management and Leadership
- Teamwork and Communication
- Stakeholder Engagement and Negotiation
- Influencing Others
Who is this course suited to?
Medical and health care professionals, managers and leaders who aim to develop and increase knowledge and skills in managing and leading change at the individual, team, organisation, and system level for impactful stakeholder experience – including staff and consumers.
Online Synchronous Sessions
What are the course credentials?
This course is worth 3 UNSW Medicine & Health Executive Certificate in Health (FMECH) points, which provides formal recognition of professional development and reflects 30 hours of learning inclusive of pre-work, course participation, learning materials and support. Upon course completion, you will be issued with a UNSW Medicine & Health verifiable credential.
The credential is valid for 3 years and may be counted towards your continuing professional development (CPD). Please check with your college as the credential provides documentary evidence which may substantiate activities claimed under your college program.
Can I use my credit towards further study?
You can partake another short course with FMECH points to achieve a total 150 hours of learning. Once you have achieved a total of 15 points, reflecting 150 hours of learning, you can use the 15 points to apply for recognition of prior learning for 6 units of credits (UOC) towards a postgraduate program within UNSW Medicine & Health. It is essential to complete the assessment if you wish to apply to use the points towards credit for a UNSW postgraduate program in the future.
Price is inclusive of 30 hours of learning, digital badging, online credential learning resources, evidence-based research, practical tools and techniques, support and course completion assessment.
^15% discount for UNSW Alumni and UNSW Network, Affiliates, Staff, Students, Adjuncts, and Partners.
Additional discount available for UNSW Medicine & Health Short Course partners! To collect your additional discount, please insert "Partnership Discount" in the email subject and send to the Short Course Team.