Full course description
8 August 2022
(2 week block)
Early Bird 25% Off
Use promo code
What are the course learning outcomes?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the types of change impacting healthcare systems and services.
- Assess the impact of change to influence design choices about the change process supporting a change within your health setting.
- Discuss activities for preparing people for transitioning towards the future state.
- Employ stakeholder engagement tools to navigate emotions and respond to change resistance with resilience and confidence.
- Apply tools to evaluate, reinforce and sustain change for realising benefits.
- Devise a change management strategy for managing and leading change.
What core topics are offered?
The following topics are offered in the course for developing and increasing your knowledge, understanding and skills in transformational change management.
- Strategic and System Thinking
- Change Impact Assessment
- Change Readiness and Resistance Management
- Change Governance and Reporting
- Change Management and Leadership
- Teamwork and Communication
- Stakeholder Engagement and Negotiation
- Influencing Others
Who is this course suited to?
Medical and health care professionals, managers and leaders who aim to develop and increase knowledge and skills in managing and leading change at the individual, team, organisation, and system level for impactful stakeholder experience – including staff and consumers.
All synchronous sessions across the 2-week learning block are from 4:00pm to 6:00pm.
What are the course credentials?
This course is worth 3 UNSW Medicine & Health Executive Certificate in Health (FMECH) points, which provides formal recognition of professional development and reflects 30 hours of study inclusive of pre-work and course attendance. Upon course completion, you will be issued with a UNSW Medicine & Health verifiable credential. The credential may be counted towards your continuing professional development (CPD).
The 30 hours of study and verifiable credential can be counted towards your continuing professional development (CPD). Please check with your college as the credential provides documentary evidence which may substantiate activities claimed under your college program.
Can I use my credit towards further study?
There is an optional assessment associated with this course. All participants will be issued with 3 FMECH points upon completion of the course, but it is essential to complete the assessment if you wish to apply to use the points towards credit for a UNSW postgraduate program in the future.
Price is inclusive of 30 hours of learning, digital badging, online learning resources and optional assessment.
Additional discount available for AMA NSW members! To collect your additional discount, please insert "AMA NSW Discount" in the email subject and ask the Short Course Team.
Thank you for considering UNSW Medicine & Health Short Courses. Reach us for further information about this short course. Or drop us a line if you would like to receive future short courses for early bird discounts.
We continuously improve our short courses to reflect the needs of our learners and their employers. If you are interested in connecting with us to explore bespoke programs for your organisation or team, please contact us.