Full course description
31 October to 3 December 2023
Online self-paced learning & learn with others via Zoom
Use promo code SC15OFF at check out
What are the course learning outcomes?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the types of change impacting healthcare systems and services.
- Assess the impact of change to influence design choices about the change process supporting a change within your health setting.
- Discuss transformational change management approaches for adaptation.
- Employ stakeholder engagement tools to navigate emotions and respond to change resistance with resilience and confidence.
- Apply tools to evaluate, reinforce and sustain change for realising benefits.
- Devise a change management strategy for managing and leading change.
What core topics are offered?
For lifelong learning, the following topics are offered in the course for developing and increasing your knowledge, understanding and skills in transformational change management.
- Strategic critical and system thinking
- Change impact assessment for evidence-based implementation
- Getting people on board with change through readiness and shared-decision making
- Human centred design (design thinking) for co-design and collaboration
- Change governance and reporting
- Contemporary change management approaches and leadership
- Teamwork and change communication
- Stakeholder engagement and negotiation
- Relate, engage and influence others
Who is this course suited to?
Medical and health care professionals, managers and leaders who aim to develop and increase knowledge and skills in managing and leading change at the individual, team, organisation, and system level for impactful stakeholder experience – including staff and consumers.
Online Synchronous Sessions (via Zoom)
- Welcome session: 31 October 2023 | 12:00 - 1:00 pm AEDT
- Week 1: 7 November 2023 | 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm AEDT
- Week 2: 14 November 2023 | 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm AEDT
- Week 3: 21 November 2023 | 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm AEDT
- Week 4: 28 November 2023 | 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm AEDT
What are the course credentials?
This course is worth 3 UNSW Medicine & Health Executive Certificate in Health (FMECH) points, which provides formal recognition of professional development and reflects 30 hours of learning inclusive of pre-work, course participation, learning materials and support.
Upon successful course completion, you will be issued with a UNSW Medicine & Health verifiable credential. The credential is valid for 3 years and can be counted towards your continuing professional development (CPD). Please check with your college as the credential provides documentary evidence which substantiate activities claimed under your college program.
Can I use my credit towards further study?
You can partake another short course with FMECH points to achieve a total 150 hours of learning. Once you have achieved a total of 15 points, reflecting 150 hours of learning, you can use the 15 points to apply for recognition of prior learning for 6 units of credits (UOC) towards a postgraduate program within UNSW Medicine & Health. It is essential to complete and submit the course assessment on or before the final day of the course if you wish to apply to use the points towards CPD and/or credit for a UNSW postgraduate program in the future.
Price is inclusive of 30 hours of learning, digital badging, online credential learning resources, evidence-based research, practical tools and techniques, support, 1:1 coaching, and course completion assessment.
Basic technology requirements
All our short courses are available in Canvas. To complete this short course, you will need access to a desktop computer, laptop or device with sufficient internet access and a web browser compatible with Canvas and Zoom.
15% discount for UNSW Alumni, UNSW Network, Affiliates, Staff, Students, Adjuncts, and Partners.
Additional discount available for UNSW Medicine & Health Short Course partners! To collect your additional discount, please insert "Partnership Discount" in the email subject and send to the Short Course Team.